Transport Tips for Dealership Owners
If you own or manage a car dealership, you understand what it takes to ship a car from point A to B. You get the connotation of selling cars and more often than not, you are likely dealing with a truck and a driver.
Dealerships, whether they sell new or used vehicles, has to have a way of replenishing their inventory without solely relying on trade-ins. When that happens, more often than not vehicles are transported by a carrier.
More often than not, we see large carriers transporting new & sometimes still wrapped vehicles. These vehicles are usually being taken to a dealership where they will be sold to customers. Sometimes we don’t even give this sight a second thought. That is until you are in the position where you need them.. Dealerships have to rely on transport companies on a regular basis. Whether it be for new inventory, transfers between other dealerships or delivering a car to a customer out of state.
We live in a world that is connected by one of the most powerful tools we were ever given. That being the internet. Industries have flourished and new opportunities have been awoken because of it. In fact, without the internet you would most likely not be reading this!
Most people view the internet as a place to share pictures of their food, repost funny memes, & read the literature of the most famed authors & innovators. Within the last 10 years, the internet has become a place for people to connect and buy almost anything. This includes vehicles. As a dealership manager or owner, this is something you need to tap into and take advantage of if you have not done so yet.
More and more dealerships offer inventory online to people hundreds of thousands of miles away, and with the power of technology we can sell thousands of dollars worth of merchandise to anyone who can afford it.
If your dealership is operating an online inventory, you’ve most likely had to arrange transport services for someone who has purchased a vehicle. This can be one of the most difficult aspects to any dealership that sells online. You need a reliable transport company and a company that is willing to give great discounts when it comes to shipping these vehicles.
Transport companies understand the importance of repeat business, and dealerships that ship cars are some of the most reliable and consistent clients. It is important to find one company and stick with them, utilizing their services for all your transportation needs. A dealerships best friend is a broker and not a carrier directly to handle your needs.
Brokers offer faster pickups and different services through their vast network of independent carrier companies. This allows you to get your customers their vehicles faster and a way to secure all of your volume shipping needs.
The daunting task… Finding a broker who can continue to provide reliable shipping services. That can be a problem.
Millennium Transport is Here for You.
This is what we do. Every day. Honesty & Transparency is what we bring to the auto transport industry. We treat all of our work with integrity and we never skip a beat. We work with only the highest rated carriers and hold well-nourished personal relationships with most. We understand the transportation needs of car dealerships and work with you to make sure you get exactly what you need.
Millennium Transport Dealership Accounts come with NO ANNUAL FEE.Dealership accounts are pay as you go service and require no long term contracts or commitments! Unlike the other guys who lock you in to long and exorbitant contracts, Millennium Transport does not see a reason for this. Our mission is to provide you with the greatest possible service to keep you coming back willingly. Aside from excellent, punctual & guaranteed services, we offer several amenities to best suit your needs and make the whole transport experience from start to finish as seamless as possible.
- 24/7 Online Booking: Booking your order has never been easier! Simply login to your account portal and place your order directly through our website!
- 24/7 Online Tracking: Track the progress of your shipments from start to finish with ease!
- Personal Account Representative: We understand and excel in volume shipping. It can be easy to get lost in translation with the amount of orders we receive. We have a dedicated department of experienced representatives who tend to you, making sure everything runs smooth and punctual. When you are assigned a representative, you’ll have direct access 24 hours a day via phone, text or e-mail.
- Discounted Rates: Volume shipping entitles you to discounted rates. When you are shipping several hundred cars each month, we can save you up to .50 each mile per loaded vehicle! There is no need to break the bank or hurt your bottom line and Millennium Transport will never take advantage of that scenario.
- Reports: Inspection Reports, BOL’s, Photos & Videos of each vehicle in every order are uploaded directly into your client portal under the order number. Detailed reports, photos & videos are taken at the origin & destination for every shipment and are made readily available for you. We ensure that your vehicles are being delivered in the same condition they were picked up in and you should rest easy knowing you have the photographic proof along with the signed reports. You can view, print or download these reports, photos & videos in several different formats.
- Upgrades: When you are transferring your vehicles to another location and may experience vast climate changes in route, you might feel the need to further protect your assets. Millennium Transport can offer you all weather tarps and even enclosed carrier transportation in most situations!
- Flexible Payment Options: Millennium Transport accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, ACH, Venmo, ComData, EFS, T-Check, Fleet One, InstaBill, Purchase Order & Factoring. We offer our clients a pay later feature subject to a credit approval.
If you are a new or used vehicle dealership and are in need of licensed, insured and experienced transfers and transport services, let Millennium Transport Corp add value to your business. If you are interested in learning more or getting started, please call or e-mail us today and a dedicated member from our dealerships department will be more than happy to assist with your needs. Go on, Discover the Millennium Difference for Yourself.
P: (800) 790-5325